PC West hires MWC assistant Lenny Bert as hoops coach
Coming off its first state tournament appearance in 33 years, Putnam City West has hired Midwest City assistant coach Lenny Bert as its new boys basketball coach.
Bert was on Dewayne Bradley’s staff with the Bombers last season when they defeated PC West in the Class 6A semifinals. Bert replaces Tim Stogsdill who was not retained after five seasons. Stogsdill is now the head coach at Del City.
Bert played at Midwest City where he was a Coaches’ All-State selection, then at Harding University before turning to coaching.
“We are extremely excited to have a a coach and person of his caliber,” PC West Athletic Director John Jensen said. “We believe that coach Bert will not only coach our basketball team to a high level, but will also pour himself into developing a program that teaches character to young men.”
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3650George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3440Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3341Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients