Millwood: Josh Turner commits to Texas...
By Robert Przybylo
The No. 1 thing Millwood’s Josh Turner said he felt after committing to Texas on Saturday: “relieved.”
Turner, considered the state’s top recruit, received interest from a who’s who in college football as the Falcons wide receiver and cornerback had 24 offers before making his decision.
He said he’s visited the Texas campus once. He felt real welcomed there, and he didn’t want to wait anymore.
“I sat down with everyone the last couple of days and thought about all the trips I’ve made,” Turner said. “Everybody was kind of waiting for me to make a decision, and I didn’t see a point to waiting until the end of the summer when I knew where I wanted to go.”
Turner also had offers from the majority of the Big 12, including OU, from much of the SEC, including Alabama, and Notre Dame, among others.
He is ranked No. 87 on the ESPNU 150 list of top players nationally and is No. 55 on the Rivals 100 list. He was also named to the Under Armour All-American team.
Turner said it was a tough decision between Texas and Nebraska.
“It was real hard because I loved my trip to Nebraska, but I just feel Texas is the right fit for me.
“The players were great, and the atmosphere was great. I’m excited, but yeah, it was a real hard decision.”
Turner, 6-foot-0 and 175 pounds, plays both offense and defense in high school but has been recruited as a cornerback.
Turner had 648 receiving yards and six touchdowns last season. Defensively, he had 83 tackles, six interceptions and two sacks.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 4151Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3884Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3305Record lottery prize is a powerful draw for Oklahomans
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients