Super 30: No. 19 David Glidden, Mustang
We’ve broken into the teens in our Super 30 countdown and we’re well into the meat of the state’s big-time talent now.
We’ve already had some Big 12 Conference commits like Isaac Masalera (OSU) and Jake Love (Kansas), and Sunday’s story features Mustang star receiver David Glidden, also bound for Stillwater.
The elusive 5-foot-8, 165-pound Glidden gave up football as a freshman, but came back because he missed the game, and because he spent that year watching his brother play for the Broncos as they were building themselves into a legitimate program, year after year.
So he returned as a sophomore, though his first love is still basketball. And he still has a passion for baseball as well, and feels he could make an impact in the Big 12. He hasn’t discussed the idea with any coaches at Oklahoma State, but if the opportunity were to present itself, he wouldn’t mind trying the two-sport route. It worked out OK for Josh Fields.
As for his senior year at Mustang, Glidden loves basketball too much to give it up, and he thinks the 2010-11 Bronco ballers could be one of the more athletic teams Mustang has produced in a while.
This fall, Glidden will be back in the role he played during the first five games last year as the team’s No. 1 big-play threat. Over the final six games, he shared the spotlight and the football with running back Daniel Farrow, which slowed the torrid statistical pace he was on at the start of the year.
He still finished with 1,029 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns, along with seven more TDs by rush, kick return or interception return. He had to play a lot of cornerback last year, and coach Ty Prestidge would like to cut down on his amount of defensive snaps this season to keep him fresh.
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4081'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4060Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4007Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients