Super 30: No. 18 Trevon Lewis, Midwest City...
By Robert Przybylo
It was a ‘Before They Were Stars’ moment for me last year. I didn’t know anything about this Trevon Lewis character from Midwest City heading into the Bombers’ showdown against Edmond Memorial.
But there it was late in the fourth quarter, and it was Lewis who ended up making the game-clinching play. Lewis picked off a pass and took it to the end zone in the district opener last year.
About a week later it started to hit me that this guy I had never heard of was probably going to become one of the players I would get to know really well in the 2010 season for the 2011 signing class.
Sure enough, that’s exactly what’s happened as Lewis has become someone I’ve just managed to see around a lot during this summer and his game has really stepped up.
I don’t know how much you can really take from spring or early summer, but I sensed some real maturity from Lewis at the big camp at Edmond North. He stepped up on the field and was just as big a leader when the team was closing up shop for the day.
Lewis is excited about getting to show what he can do this year…on both sides of the ball. He can’t stop smiling about the fact he’ll play fullback this year. He’s No. 18 on the list, but like some of our other top kids, he doesn’t have any official offers yet.
I’m not worried about it, and he’s not worried about it. He’s got too much size and too much quickness to not have the scouts knockin’ on his door.
And here’s the blast from the past, the video with Lewis following last year’s win against Memorial.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients