Edmond North's Alec Heinen wins OJGT event
Alec Heinen’s strong summer continued Wednesday with a victory in the 36-hole OJGT Twin Hills Classic. Heinen began the day with a one-stroke lead and extended it by shooting 72 (142 total) to win by three strokes over a trio of players.
Austen Fuller, Heinen’s Edmond North teammate, shot 145 (74-71) to tie for second with Taylor Williams of Chickasha (71-74) and OKC’s Trent Mewborn (73-72). Alexander Hall of OCS was fifth at 146 (73-73).
Hayden Wood of Edmond won the boys 12-14 age group with a 146 (74-72).
In the girls tournament, Mustang’s June Tigert came from behind for a three-stroke victory over Alexis Sadeghy of Edmond. Tigert entered the day three strokes behind Sadeghy, but shot a final-round 77 — the best round of the tournament — to finish at 159. Sadeghy finished at 162 (79-83).
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients