OK Showdown Large Schools: Day 1...
By Robert Przybylo
Great day of football (if you love passing) today at the 7-on-7 Oklahoma Showdown event. While Scott Wright was immersed in the smaller schools, I was out at Edmond North handling the big boys.
First, some housekeeping.
Midwest City (5-0); Edmond North (5-0); Edmond Memorial (4-2); Edmond Santa Fe (3-2); Southmoore Navy (3-2); Southmoore Gold (1-4); Choctaw (1-4); Deer Creek 0-6
Choctaw 14, Deer Creek 0
Edmond North 18, Edmond Memorial 14
Midwest City 18, Edmond Santa Fe 12
Shawnee 18, Southmoore Gold 12
Southmoore Navy 22, Choctaw 14
Edmond Memorial 38, Deer Creek 32 5OT
Midwest City 18, Shawnee 12
Edmond North 26, Edmond Santa Fe 12
Edmond Memorial 22, Choctaw 18
Edmond North 24, Deer Creek 6
Midwest City 28, Southmoore Gold 14
Edmond Santa Fe 26, Southmoore Navy 18
Edmond Santa Fe 14, Deer Creek 0
Edmond North 14, Choctaw 12
Edmond Memorial 12, Shawnee 6
Southmoore Navy 16, Southmoore Gold 14
Midwest City 50, Choctaw 24
Shawnee 34, Deer Creek 12
Edmond North 24, Southmoore Gold 12
Edmond Memorial 18, Southmoore Navy 14
Edmond Santa Fe 20, Choctaw 12
Midwest City 42, Deer Creek 6
Southmoore Gold 26, Edmond Memorial 24
Southmoore Navy 30, Shawnee 18
Thoughts and observations
- Bombers looked awfully good. A sluggish start was wiped away because of how strong the finish was. MWC needed three INTs and a TD with 40 seconds left to beat Santa Fe in its first game. However, wow, the train started rolling. The Bombers put up a 50-spot against Choctaw and closed the day with 42 points against Deer Creek. WR Claude Donald was incredible for QB Greg Austin while DB Corey Lang had a great day in the secondary.
- Joining MWC in going unblemished was Edmond North. QB Travis Townsend was on the money all day and has found his No. 1 option in DonQuay Hammons. The two connected time and time again (no bigger than the one to beat Memorial with 18 seconds left). Davis Owens showed his willingness to go over the middle (and dislocated his pinky in the process in one of the more poignant visuals of the day). Should be fun when the Huskies and Bombers meet up at 10:40 a.m. Saturday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients