Deer Creek: Michael Fulmer, Brian Anderson earn invite to Area Code games...
By Robert Przybylo
The Area Code baseball games are one of the biggest showcases for amateur baseball, and Oklahoma has five representatives.
Deer Creek shortstop Brian Anderson and pitcher Michael Fulmer will be joined by star pitchers Archie Bradley of Broken Arrow and Dylan Bundy of Owasso and Norman North’s Caleb Simpson for the six-day event in August.
“This is real special for all the kids but to have two from our program really means a lot,” Deer Creek coach Ron Moore said.
All players had to be invited and all games will be played in Long Beach, Calif. Bundy, one of the top prospects in the state, has committed to Texas while Bradley has committed to Oklahoma.
Moore said Anderson and Fulmer are receiving interest from numerous top baseball programs but haven’t made a decision.
The program is run through Major League Baseball, and the kids will represent the Chicago White Sox club.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients