Lexington: Waymon Scott to lead 'Dogs...
By Robert Przybylo
Though it wasn’t the best of circumstances, Lexington athletic director Rick Thomas said he is very pleased with the hiring of Waymon Scott as the football coach.
The Bulldogs were forced to find a coach last month after former coach Brad Beller took the Washington job when former Warriors coach Dennis McCray stepped down.
“It (the process) was speedy, and we had a lot of applications,” Thomas said. “It went very smooth.”
Scott was an assistant at Lexington from 2003-2005 and was the head coach at Porum the last two seasons.
“He’s been here before and knew some of the athletes when they were younger,” Thomas said. “He knows the system and has relationships with the assistants.”
What a tough situation this was for all parties involved. Beller loved his time at Lexington, but it just happened that his ‘dream job’ opened up with him being a Washington alum.
So the Warriors were rightfully pumped as Beller has done a great job of making Lexington relevant again, but that put the Bulldogs in a tough spot.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7081Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5938Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5914Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients