7-on-7 passing league: final thoughts...
By Robert Przybylo
Back out in Edmond on Thursday night for a near three-hour 7-on-7 practice between a bevy of teams. Santa Fe was the destination this time. And though Midwest City and Edmond North didn’t show up, still very much worth the time.
The format wasn’t like last weekend as there were no points or tournament or anything like that. Offenses rotated every play while defenses alternated every four plays.
Thoughts and observations
- Douglass is going to be able to throw this year. I sent Ryan Aber and Scott Wright the same text message that this was the No. 1 thing I learned Thursday. Antyoun Smith was fantastic for the Trojans but throwing wasn’t his specialty. Shon Bridges was bringing the goods last night. Douglass was tough because the team wasn’t wearing jerseys but had a good talk with coach Willis Alexander.
- Felt cheated when it came to Guthrie. I got to see the Bluejays for bits and pieces. However, I planned to watch them intently in the final station, but Rafe Watkins’ boys were gone. Apparently they go out to eat on the final day…d’oh. Was good to see Kentrell Brothers in action again.
- Big couple of weeks for Northwest Classen. This was the first time the Knights have done something like this, and it will be intriguing to see what these four days meant to them. Coach Anthony Robinson was very pleased with the two weeks and NW certainly competed hard.
- Also spent a little more time watching smaller schools like Hennessey and John Marshall. Hennessey has some players, and I like their wide receivers. Orlando Pina is going to be able to stretch out defenses while Zach Griffin has great hands. Unfortunately, didn’t get to chat with Bruce Troxell about the Bears.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients