Pryor: Tigers earn Legion crown over Memorial...
By Robert Przybylo
It was the first time the American Legion split up the baseball tournament by east and west, and it led to a different dynamic.
In the finals, Pryor outlasted Edmond Memorial to earn its first AAA American Legion championship since 1983. Pryor also earned the AA championship earlier this summer.
Pryor won game 1 of a best-of-3 series 3-2 and followed that with a near three-hour marathon and a 7-6 victory in eight innings against the Bulldogs.
“You have to give a lot of credit to Pryor. They played really well,” Memorial coach Kyle Roberts said. “I’m looking forward to reading about them in the spring because they have a lot of talent.”
With that, Memorial is closing up shop for the next few weeks. Roberts said the team will meet the first day of school and be ready to practice the second day of school.
In the senior division, Memorial representatives are still alive. Stars from the Bulldogs, Huskies, Wolves and Antlers are on the Edmond Stars who advanced to the Seniors Division State Tournament that begins Wednesday in Bartlesville.
The eight teams schedule to compete: Bartlesville, Edmond, 3 Rivers (Muskogee-area players); Oklahoma Outlaws, OKC RufNeks, Ada, Ardmore and Dewey. The Outlaws are the defending champions.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7164Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 7066UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients