ADM: Bridge Creek and Ada in the same class?
By Robert Przybylo
Some things were meant just to start debates. Rankings, for one thing. And another constant is when the OSSAA releases its Average Daily Membership for the school year.
I admit it, I fall right into the trap, too. After dissecting it as much as possible or as much as one can in three hours, here are some of the top storylines:
- Bridge Creek moving up to 4A. I was the first person to let AD Jerry Wallis know about this. I joked that he’ll never talk to me again. The whole Blanchard/Newcastle area is growing so much, but this was a shocker. However, it’s a good year to do it as the Bobcats have so much talent.
Great quote from Wallis when I told him Ada was the top in 4A: “Really? You drive through Ada, and it takes like 10 minutes to get around. You drive here, and you blink, and you’re gone.”
He’s not bitter, but yea, stuff like that is so peculiar.
- 5A welcomes McGuinness and welcomes back Shawnee. The Irish were ready for this, said AD Gary Savely. The Wolves are happy to be back. I do think this will help the Irish girls basketball team, but it’ll be a battle for Tondrell Durham and company now. However, Shawnee is still 6A in football and the Irish are 4A.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 96630Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13870Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9391Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8546Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8291OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7627How to help tornado victims
- 7193Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6117Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 5969Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients