OCA Clinic: Days 1 & 2...
By Robert Przybylo
Guess it’s time to go back to work. I will, however, leave the Kyle Lewis brief blog at the top in case anyone wants to comment. One person e-mailed me saying how much it helped to be able to leave a message for the family.
The effects of the tragic death of the Bethel (and OU signee) golfer were still being felt Tuesday at the Oklahoma Coaches Association clinic in Tulsa.
It was the first thing most people were talking about and everybody is still trying to wrap their head around the situation. And honestly, nobody has any answers.
Scott Wright once again has much more info on the matter. There will be a vigil in Lewis’ honor Wednesday night at 6:30 at the Bethel gym. Lewis’ funeral will be Friday morning, also at the Bethel gym.
- The OCA will remain in Tulsa through at least 2012. Tulsa does a fantastic job of organizing things, and it’s hard for me to fault this decision (except for the constant driving my fellow chums have to do).
The Mabee Center is a stone’s throw away from the Marriott. Nothing (except golf, if I remember right) is more than 15 miles away.
Back in our side of town, it’s a jumbled mess. You could be in Norman, then Edmond, then Mustang then OKC. Oy, I get it. And I’m almost reaching a point where I don’t need mapquest around Tulsa…almost.
- You might just walk out of the clinic a new head football coach. If you want to be in Hugo, this could be the case as AD Darnell Shanklin is going around and doing whatever he needs to do to find a replacement for Darryl Williamson.
That’s a tough situation all around, but assistant Danny Groat said the kids are doing fine, and the moral of the team has not dipped a bit.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients