Santa Fe: Josh Richardson, Gunnar Nixon back in spotlight...
By Robert Przybylo
The Edmond Santa Fe boys basketball team surpassed expectations last year. Don’t think anybody thought the Wolves would make a run as deep as they did.
And despite losing in the semifinals and losing some strong senior leadership, senior Josh Richardson said he’s extremely excited about this year group.
We can all dunk. No, seriously, our whole starting five can dunk. We’re a lot taller than what we’ve been.” Richardson
As for Richardson, things are starting to pick up for the guard. Figured it would only be a matter of time and he now has four offers: Creighton, Missouri State, Arizona State and Harvard.
The last one might throw people off, but Richardson is a solid student. He enters this year with a 3.1 GPA and said he is not content with that.
Richardson is also receiving strong interest from several other Pac-10 schools and said as of now, he does not have any favorites.
Also in Santa Fe, track star Gunnar Nixon is back. He was recently named to the All-USA high school track and field team.
Nixon has the top decathlon score in the nation this year and will represent Team USA at the first Youth Olympic Games in Singapore in August.
Before Nixon leaves, definitely going to catch up with him and get his thoughts about everything.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7656Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7634Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6870UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients