Putnam City: Brian Brightwell commits to OU...
By Robert Przybylo
A torn labrum derailed what should have been a promising junior season for Putnam City baseball player Brian Brightwell.
But an impressive summer put Brightwell back in the spotlight, culminating with Brightwell committing to Oklahoma this weekend.
“Brian can hit. He can hit with anybody,” Putnam City coach Jim Drummond said. “He’s a real coachable kid.”
Brightwell hit .389 as a sophomore. And despite not playing half of last season, still managed to bat .350.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 4402Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients