Deer Creek: Brian Anderson, Michael Fulmer commit to Arkansas...
By Robert Przybylo
They’re polar opposites when it comes to their personalities, but a couple of Deer Creek baseball standouts are heading in the same direction.
Ace pitcher Michael Fulmer and Brian Anderson both committed to Arkansas on Monday, confirmed coach Ron Moore.
I told Moore I knew about Fulmer because he was more than happy to let it be known on Facebook and that didn’t shock the Antlers coach at all.
That’s the way he is. He’ll tell everybody, and he’s just that type of kid. Brian is different. He called me up and hasn’t really said anything since.” – Moore
Very true as it turned out Anderson committed to the Razorbacks a few hours before Fulmer. This is a little more personal for Moore as he is an Arkansas alum so it means a lot to him to see a couple of his boys going to Fayetteville.
The Area Code games start this week in California with Fulmer and Anderson on the roster, and Moore initially thought they might wait until after the games, but it’s tough to beat an offer from an SEC school with ridiculously high attendance.
Under Moore, Deer Creek has become a consistent baseball power, and that success is now starting to show up in the recruiting game.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims
- 3705Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3691Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3323Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients