Kentrell Brothers, Connor Myers, John-Philip Hughes shine at NUC...
By Robert Przybylo
It’s not a shocker to keep hearing these three names excel. The surprising thing is that Edmond Memorial’s Connor Myers and Tulsa Edison’s John-Philip Hughes still aren’t getting the recognition.
According to Barry Every, a recruiting analyst for Rivals.com, Myers, Hughes and Guthrie’s Kentrell Brothers were all very impressive at the National Underclassmen Combine two weekends ago at the University of Oklahoma.
I especially liked what he wrote about Myers because I’m in total agreement about it. Every said it’s tough for Myers to get noticed because he’s playing a position (defensive tackle) that’s tough for colleges to find. Myers has offers from Air Force and Weber State, feels like he should have more.
Not much more you can say about Brothers. The Bluejays star has racked up one big honor after another the entire summer, and the ball feels like it’s in his court at this point.
Hughes came out of nowhere this summer, and I’m glad he’s getting some recognition. He looks clunky out there, but he’s extremely gifted and should start to get some offers and interest.
For Every’s full report, including the top names for 2012 and 2013, here ya go.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81977Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32354Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 27598Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 23828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15915Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 8307Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7696Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7650Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7465Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7362Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients