Holland Hall: Kwame Sexton to Tulsa...
By Robert Przybylo
A star in both basketball and football, Holland Hall’s Kwame Sexton committed to Tulsa to play football Tuesday.
Sexton told InsideTulsaSports.com on Monday night that the university was the right fit and that he wanted to tell the Tulsa coaching staff Tuesday before making it official.
Sexton was receiving interest from several other schools and also had an offer from the University of Illinois.
As a junior, Sexton rushed for 1,250 yards and 16 touchdowns. Sexton said the academic programs and the facilities were two of the biggest reasons for his selection.
I got to see Sexton quite a few times last year playing basketball (I’ve only seen video for football), but you can tell how athletically gifted.
To be honest, I thought for sure he was heading to the Illini. Or maybe, being from Chicago, I was hoping he would go to Illinois.
Guess I just figured it was such a weird school for a kid in this area to get an offer from that here had to be a real strong reason why.
Anyway, like I said, I got to see Sexton tear it up on the basketball court. And this may have been his finest moment, a 3-pointer at the buzzer to beat Casady.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients