Track: Tyler Sergent, Gunnar Nixon on summer circuit...
By Robert Przybylo
We’re days away from two-a-days starting for football, so consider this the day where I attempt to try to catch up with what else is going on.
Norman North’s Tyler Sergent has had a fine summer in track and field. Sergent won the shot put Wednesday at the AAU Junior Olympics in Norfolk, Va. He also placed 11th in the discus throw.
Sergent didn’t just win the shot put, he dominated the field. His winning toss was 59 feet 11 3/4 inches. The next best throw? 54 feet 8 inches.
Edmond Santa Fe’s Gunnar Nixon is getting ready to leave for Singapore. Nixon will leave Monday and will be gone for three weeks.
Look for much more on Nixon in Friday’s paper. Pawhuska’s Sarah Tolson is also making that trip as she will be competing in the shot put.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients