Softball: Yukon looks like team to beat...
By Robert Przybylo
Tuesday is shaping up to be a pretty big day. On one hand, it’s the start of two-a-day football practices. But it’s pretty big elsewhere as the softball season gets officially underway.
Got ya covered with a softball guide in Tuesday’s paper, but here are some more thoughts I have going into this season:
- I don’t know how a team can beat Yukon this year. The loss of Dani Fox was killer last year, but the Millerettes return so many top stars.
Don’t believe me? You could easily argue that Amanda Madden, Kylie Lang, Madi Ellis and Caitlyn Halbert are four of the best players in the state. Madden and Lang are seniors and Madden was already good enough to make my first team All-City last year. Ellis and Mustang’s Kierra Miles might be the two best sophomores.
- Will this be a year of redemption for Purcell? Dragons were so close but got nipped in the championship. Still absolutely loaded with talent like Kayla Wyatt (my Little All-City Player of the Year), Bailey Goldsby, Logan Huey, etc. Nobody is going to be feeling sorry for coach Jamie Roberts anytime soon.
- Are Moore and Broken Arrow still the queens of the circle? I admit I don’t know much about BA but based on what they always do on a yearly basis, gotta think these two teams will be among the eight in October at ASA.
- Tuttle and Blanchard should be a great battle. Lions took out the Tigers in the championship last year. Leslie Miller and Liz Broyles (among others) return for Blanchard. Tuttle still has Caitlin Sill and if healthy, Nicole Workman is incredible. Amazingly, Miller and Sill are just juniors.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3888Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3626Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3076Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients