Baseball: Oklahoma kids tearing up national scene...
By Robert Przybylo
Tuesday marked the first day of football, but don’t tell that to some of the state’s best baseball players as Oklahoma HS kids are dominating right now on the national scene.
Oklahoma reps win Area Code challenge
Whether it was Broken Arrow’s Dylan Delso at the plate or Deer Creek’s Michael Fulmer on the mound, the Oklahoma representatives fared well in the Area Code challenge this week in Long Beach, Calif.
Eight Oklahomans were on the Chicago White Sox roster that went 4-1 in the six days and earned the challenge championship.
In the team’s final win, a 9-1 whipping of the Texas Rangers, Delso drove in two runs while Fulmer, Edmond Santa Fe’s Kyle Shaw and Broken Arrow’s Mason Hope combined to pitch five scoreless innings and struck out nine.
The White Sox roster had players from 11 different states and Oklahoma had representatives from Deer Creek (Fulmer and Brian Anderson), Santa Fe (Shaw, Ty Hensley and Clayton Blackburn), Norman North (Caleb Simpson) and Broken Arrow (Delso, Hope).
Outlaws taking next step
The Oklahoma Outlaws baseball team had no problems in advancing to the American Legion World Series.
The Outlaws won 8-0 against League City, Texas, and then 7-2 vs. Pontotoc, Miss., on Monday night to earn the American Legion Mid-South championship.
The Outlaws consist of high school graduates from the Mid-Del area, including Choctaw’s Josh Halbert. The team has won the Seniors Division of the American Legion in Oklahoma two years in a row.
The American Legion World Series begins Friday in Spokane, Wash., where the Outlaws will play the Mid-Atlantic champion.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5427Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5123Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4825Student shot dead during botched home invasion
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients