Casady: Mac Katigan with good first impression...
By Robert Przybylo
Final stop of a long week was at Casady. And while all OSSAA teams are finishing their first week of practice, the Cyclones (not a member of the OSSAA) concluded their second week Friday.
Because of the extra time they’ve had, it was a Blue-White scrimmage at Casady. For those that care about such things, White won 28-16.
Liked what I saw from quarterback Mac Katigan. It’s going to be tough to duplicate the type of success that Cale Shivers had before him, but Katigan was very efficient Friday. He threw a couple of really nice balls and commanded the offense well for both sides.
It could be a rebuilding year for the Cyclones. Take out some of the usual suspects, and this team is young and small. That means good things for the future, but that’s tough to digest for this year.
There are reasons to smile, though, if you’re a Casady supporter. To go with Katigan, RB Garrison Lee looked great and should be a good one-two punch with Lee and Cassius Calhoon.
It feels like Graham Bennett just gets bigger every time I see him. Bennett and Connor Morrison are going to be vital to the line’s success.
All ‘n all, not a bad showing. It’s not as complex this year in terms of the system, but the boys are executing it well.
Look for a video with Lee on NewsOK this weekend.
Song of the day: Nelly “Just a Dream.” You have no idea how pumped I am that Nelly is back. Feels like a time warp with Nelly, Eminem and Enrique Iglesias all relevant again.
And thus concludes a wild week of football practice. I didn’t get out to all the spots I was hoping for, but there’s always next week. Hope you enjoyed taking the ride with me.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7269Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6212Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6004UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients