District previews: Class 2A rewind...
By Robert Przybylo
Yea, I know we’re closer to being into 4A than we are 2A at this point, but I still wanted to chime in with some thoughts about the class. Blame two-a-days for not getting here earlier.
And I had a couple of people e-mail wondering if I would do a little something for it. Same format for Class A: give some things I’m looking for and links to the previews.
Here we go:
- Is there too much pressure on Millwood, Lincoln Christian and Davis? I expect these three teams to be so dominant as I’m sure most others do as well. The Falcons with their talent, the Bulldogs with their recent success (and championship) and the Wolves with their tradition.
Darren Melton’s team is going to have to reload after losing a great group of kids. This might be a sign of whether or not LC becomes a perennial power.
Millwood has all the top recruits a school could ask for (no need to rehash that again) while Jody Weber’s club gave LC a heckuva good game last year.
- Stay clear of Jones. Anyone who faces the Longhorns is going to be dealing with an extremely angry team after what happened last year.
I’ll tell ya what I like about it is that coach Dave Martin isn’t shying away from it. He’ll talk about it and admit how much his club can’t wait to get out there. This is a top 10 team, for sure.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24778Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14485Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10221UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9929Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 8118Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7280Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6506Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6361Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6228Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5696OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients