Football: A Life in the Week of...
By Robert Przybylo
So you wanna be a high school sportswriter, huh? If your answer to that was a resounding yes, then last week was your dream. Few weeks are better than the start of football practice. And my answer was yes, and I had a heckuva time.
There are more important weeks, but the second week in August tells ya ‘it’s time to get back to work.’
And for me (and fellow chum Scott Wright), that’s exactly what we did.
While Scott was back in his old stomping grounds of the West Metro and getting acquainted with OKCPS schools, I went wherever the wind blew me.
OK, that’s not true, but here’s a short account of the week that was for The Boneman:
- Got things started at midnight at Star Spencer. Good food, great energy, a lot of fun. For a short video with Stevo Henderson, here ya go.
- An OSSAA meeting took up most of the day but did hit Heritage Hall at night. Those sophomores are now juniors and getting bigger every time. For a short video with Sterling Shepard, here ya go.
- Started with a trip to Millwood for our HS cover photo shoot with Josh Turner and Brandon Swindall. Always good to talk with those boys. For a short video with Turner, here ya go.
- From there, time to hit the Mid-Del area and Midwest City. Love the speed, love the talent on this teams, hated the 2 p.m. start. For a short video with Ricky Reeves, here ya go.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17023OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 16448Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12708Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12580Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9471Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7819Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7691Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7125Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6963Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6749Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients