Lawton: Trevon Cooper out with torn ACL...
By Robert Przybylo
Lawton coach Randy Breeze said he was pretty pleased with the first week of practice, but the Wolverines did lose a key piece to the puzzle.
In a non-contact drill, senior Trevon Cooper tore his ACL and will miss the rest of the season.
The ACL also played a big role for Brett Bowles, but his was a happier story. Bowles returned to the field for the first time since tearing his ACL last year. Breeze said Bowles looked sharp in the team’s 133-play scrimmage this weekend.
Breeze said a big thing has been the depth as he said about 90 players have been participating.
That’s going to allow us do more things than what we’ve been able to do in the past.” – Breeze
Another big move has been taking Deaquan Wojciechowski from wide receiver to running back, which was exactly what running back coach Dewell Brewer told me in the summer he hoped would happen.
He’s got a little more shake-and-bake than what we’ve had in the past. He can’t make people miss and do special things.” Breeze
Lawton will scrimmage against Bob Wilson’s Putnam North Panthers on Friday night at Cameron Stadium.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients