PC North's Dre Holman out 3-5 weeks after knee surgery
Putnam City North junior running back Dre Holman could miss the first couple games of the season after suffering a partially torn meniscus on the first day of football practice last week.
Holman underwent surgery to repair the knee Monday morning.
The injury was sad news for the Panthers as they prepared for a season with two standout running backs, Holman and senior Sam Wolfe.
And it was sad news for Holman, with everything he has endured on and off the football field since last summer. But from the few times I’ve spoken with him, he seems to be a strong kid — in both mind and body — so I’d look for him to come back from this with force.
The RB position was ravaged by injury last season at PC North, with Holman missing the first three games of the year with a high ankle sprain suffered in the first days of practice. In the second game of the season, Wolfe broke his collarbone and missed the rest of the year.
After returning from last season’s ankle injury, Holman rushed for 942 yards and seven touchdowns, often becoming a workhorse for the Panthers and turning in multiple 100-yard games.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11641Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11150Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7658Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4653Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4189OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3570Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3548Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3510Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3477How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients