Two-a-days: Young talent going at it in John Marshall QB competition
It seems like we’ve had quite a run of knee surgeries and season-ending injuries here on the blog lately, but don’t worry John Marshall fans, no bad news here.
I got the chance to cruise through the Bears’ practice on Monday evening and just happened to catch an offensive period in which the two quarterbacks battling for the starting job were rotating in and running a variety of plays. Junior Dion Vickers and freshman Davion Smith are the two kids competing for the job.
I know both are young from an experience standpoint — and one from an age standpoint — but I was impressed with the both kids’ abilities. They seem to have plenty of skills and the job likely goes to the one who can translate those skills to the field on the most reliable basis and show some command of the offensive system and the team.
The defense is still expected to be the strong point of this team, and defensive lineman Dejon Brison says the Bears’ linebacker group is one of the best around. Here’s my chat with Brison about the team’s need for leadership from seniors like him — a fourth-year starter — and that strong defensive front seven:
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Videoview all videos
Aug 16Interview with offensive/defensive lineman and senior...
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7164Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 7066UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients