District previews: Class 3A rewind...
By Robert Przybylo
This is going to be one fun class to watch. With all the changes, Class 3A has piqued my interest probably like nothing else in the high school football scene.
Whether it’s the great 4A teams (Weatherford, Star Spencer) moving down or all those solid 2A teams making the jump up, cannot wait to see how this all plays out.
Some random 3A thoughts:
- Is Cascia Hall still unbeatable? This will be a heckuva test for Joe Medina’s Commandos. Three straight championships, three straight undefeated seasons. Whew. I don’t see how any team is going to survive this class undefeated, but we’ll see.
- Will Star Spencer be able to contend? I don’t doubt coach Terrell Love one bit, but last year’s team is almost completely gone. And how will a team like the Bobcats handle prosperity and the target that comes with being last year’s 4A champion.
- What 2A team moving up is going to end up being The Team? From Heritage Hall to Bridge Creek to Sequoyah-Tahlequah to Kingfisher to all the other top ones, who is going to emerge as the best?
- Atoka’s L.T. Pfaff and his quest for the state passing record. I wonder how he’s going to handle all the extra attention that is surely coming his way this year.
- Not really a dark horse in the traditional sense, but I like Purcell to make a big run this year. With Cole Swayze and Hunter Marcum leading the way, Mike Wilson’s kids should be around in late November.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients