Ed Memorial: Micha Hancock and rest of US team reach semifinals...
By Robert Przybylo
The US Youth Olympic girls volleyball team withstood a late charge from Egypt to sweep its match Monday.
The Americans won 25-18, 25-19 and 25-23 to advance to Tuesday’s semifinal matchup against Japan. The US is the top team from pool B while Japan finished second in pool A.
Edmond Memorial star Micha Hancock started at setter for the match and finished with seven points. The US had a 33-21 advantage in kills.
Peru faces Belgium in the other semifinal. The US (2-0) defeated Belgium in five tough games, pulling out a 15-11 victory in the deciding game Sunday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients