Ed Memorial: Micha Hancock and Team USA to the finals...
By Robert Przybylo
The US Youth Olympic girls volleyball team overcame a late deficit in the first game to sweep Japan in three games in the semifinals Tuesday morning.
The Americans trailed 19-17 in the first game but rallied to notch eight of the next nine points for a 25-20 win. The scores were 25-23 and 25-23 in the other two games.
Edmond Memorial’s Micha Hancock once again started the game at setter.
The US (3-0) plays Belgium in the finals Thursday. The Americans defeated Belgium in a tough five-game match on Sunday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8457Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients