Heritage: Welcome back, Quintaz Struble...
By Robert Przybylo
Was good to meet up and chat a little with Heritage Hall junior Quintaz Struble for a photo shoot Saturday afternoon at Douglass.
Speaking of him being a junior, who isn’t on that team? Seems like Andy Bogert gobbled up all these kids when they were freshmen and didn’t leave any for the rest of the state.
But I digress. Bogert was extremely high on Struble before last season, but Struble suffered a major leg injury before the first game. It wasn’t a torn ACL. No, it was everything but. It was the LCL, PCL and MCL and every other -CL you could think of.
He eventually made it back, but he wasn’t the beast that Bogert knew he could be. So while RB Barry Sanders was held out of the Holland Hall scrimmage, there wasn’t anything anybody could have said to keep Struble out of the scrimmage.
It felt so great to be out there, it really did. A lot of people told me I did a good job, but I know I can do better.” – Struble
Struble, who wore No. 82, is now going to be donning the No. 32 jersey. He said that’s always been his favorite number, and now it’s available with Marc Robinson’s departure to Millwood.
Struble is an unknown at tight end. The Chargers didn’t really have a TE target last year. You add Struble to that mix, and things get that much more interesting at Heritage.
Much like Bogert has hammered into my head at this point, Struble said QBs Cooper Cloud and Sterling Shepard both took snaps last weekend though Cloud took more at the position.
Sanders was held out for precautionary reasons. Don’t worry, Charger fans, if the game would have mattered, he would have been out there.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients