Irish: Good finish outshines slow start...
By Robert Przybylo
I was scrambling to find a worthy Oklahoma City-area scrimmage to attend Thursday. I was this close to heading on out to Lawton to watch Lawton MacArthur and Bishop McGuinness.
Knew the Highlanders would be a great test for the Irish, and from all reports, Lawton Mac is certainly a player in the Class 5A race. Quarterback Dylan Warner is going to turn some heads.
Maybe the Irish weren’t ready right off the bat as senior wide receiver and strong safety Jamaal Whitney said the team came out real sluggish.
That wasn’t even the curse of me being there. It felt like last year I saw the Irish at their worst every time. However, Whitney said he was happy with the way the team finished the scrimmage, and it definitely gives them confidence heading into the Kickoff Preview at Mustang.
I like what Whitney brings to the table. I need to stop comparing him to his brother, Jameel, but Jamaal is going to be a special talent in his own right.
I asked him if the team going back and forth with Quinn Shanbour and Camden Tharp at quarterback is tough for a wide receiver to find chemistry. He said it really wasn’t since this situation has been going on for such a long time.
Shanbour and Tharp both saw time at QB last Thursday, and I would assume will probably be doing the same thing Thursday night.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients