Ed North: Jarion Tudman ready to take over...
By Robert Przybylo
The Edmond North defense only returning two starters was a big red flag in thinking the Huskies are going to be successful this season.
Expectations took a dip even more when junior running back Jared Benway, who was going to be the team’s workhorse, suffered a season-ending leg injury during an intersquad scrimmage.
However, the Huskies have found someone to ease the pain in junior running back Jarion Tudman. From some research, Tudman has some serious speed. He’s a transfer from Tascosa in Amarillo, Texas, and has has quickly become the ‘head turner’ for the team.
He’s been great. He’s stepped up and has shown a lot. It was a big hit when Jared went down, but he wasn’t the whole team. We have a lot of other weapons, and we have to find ways to use them.” – senior QB Travis Townsend
Townsend said the team did well in its two scrimmages. The offense was able to move the ball down the field well, but he said there was a little trouble finishing drives.
The biggest thing with this team is the variety of targets. I brought that up during the Oklahoma Showdown. It looks like DonQuay Hammons is going to be the top target, but Townsend has been getting everybody some work. He said he’s been completing passes to as many as eight different receivers.
Edmond North begins its season Thursday night, welcoming Southmoore to UCO’s Wantland Stadium (Moore blogger Justin Hite will be there).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients