Is it too early for hoops talk?
OK, so its finally game week for football teams, but let’s take a quick break for a little basketball talk.
I was just looking over the field for the Thanksgiving Hoopfest in the Dallas/Fort Worth area where Oklahoma’s top team, the Douglass Trojans, will kick off their season.
A photo of Douglass sophomore Stephen Clark is on the event’s web site. The event features state champions from Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas, as well as a few Texas state runners-up.
Douglass will play in the featured game on Saturday night at Duncanville High School against Flower Mound-Marcus, which has two top-50 recruits and is expected to be one of Texas’ best teams this winter.
I’ll have more on the event when it gets closer, and a lot more on the Trojans when basketball season arrives. Coach Terry Long is putting together a tough schedule, and it should be a fun year.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3554How to help tornado victims
- 3541Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3452Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients