Matchup of the Week: Del City offense vs. Midwest City defense...
By Robert Przybylo
Maybe I’m getting too brainwashed being around all the boys in the Mid-Del Schools because I’m a lot more pumped up for Midwest City and Del City than what I’ve ever been before.
Started to hit me a little bit less than two weeks ago at a photo shoot of all things. I arranged to get Carl Albert’s Dwight Dobbins, Midwest City’s Trevon Lewis and Del City’s Chazten Gonzales together for the cover of the Mid-Del preview that came out last Friday.
Can’t really find a neutral spot, but I picked Rose Field as like a middle ground. How wrong I was. While Lewis was at home in Bomber country, Gonzales and Dobbins, and especially Gonzales, were getting weird looks from passersby.
Del City Red is not welcome in MWC black and gold territory.
When the teams meet up Friday night at, ironically enough, Rose Field, Gonzales won’t be shy. He won’t be gun shy, either, bringing with him an incredibly potent, fun offense to watch.
That works out great as the strength of the Bombers has got to be that speed and power of the defense.
Del City offense: Gonzales has emerged as one heckuva leader since last year, and he wasn’t even lacking in that department too much last year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8212Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7113Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 7056Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients