Moore: Cross country off to good start...
By Justin Hite
Moore boys run the road
The Moore Lions ran their first race of season this past weekend in the Moore War Run. In the 5-kilometer road race, coach Chad Mashburn had four runners finish in less than 20 minutes. Mashburn was extremely pleased with the times this early in the season from a team that made the Class 6A state meet last year.
“It’s hard to say right now how far we are going to be able to go,” Mashburn said. We’ve got 7 guys who are capable of running really well.
“… I know our top-4 guys are going to be top of the class. They can finish in the top-25 in my opinion. They’ve got to go out and run. A lot of things can happen between here and the state meet.”
The Lions will be running in the Brookhaven Run in Norman this weekend, another road race.
Moore girls playing the numbers game
Moore coach Lori Morgan has more runners out for the girls’ cross country team than ever before. She’s hoping that it turns into a Class 6A state meet berth by the end of the season.
“Our goals are sometimes a little bit simpler,” Morgan said. “I think we really have a chance to qualify as a team at state.”
Last year, Moore only had individuals qualify.
Sophomore Haley Gee is one of the leaders on the team, which will compete Friday at Edmond Santa Fe. Moore finished third in its first meet last Saturday at Guthrie.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3723Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3514Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3353As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients