Southmoore: Season outlook...
By Justin Hite
Offensive outlook: Is it safe to say that the SaberCats have the best backfield in the state of Oklahoma? I can’t make a case that they don’t. Junior Andrew Long might be the best back in the state not named Barry Sanders. Kendal Thompson might be the best quarterback in Oklahoma — Bob Stoops seems to think so. Plus having two senior linemen that are both taller than 6-foot-1 and weigh more than 570 pounds combined is always nice. Wide receiver will be a question, but having Long and Thompson will let the pass catchers mature. By the end of the season expect this unit to be putting up big numbers. I’m thinking somewhere close 40 points per game numbers.
Determining the defense: There are plenty of standouts here. Senior cornerback T.J. Wright should comeback after missing his junior season and D’Vante Henry is an absolute force at outside linebacker. The only question is up front. The SaberCats lost two starters on the defensive line. Most games are won and lost in the trenches and if that’s true, there could be some holes in the SaberCats armor.
Key game: There are two things standing in the way of Southmoore and the 6A-3 district title: Broken Arrow and Jenks. When the SaberCats head to Broken Arrow in mid-October the season is on the line. Not only that, but Southmoore can’t challenge Jenks the next week until they beat Broken Arrow first.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17147Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12600OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11594'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11336Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 8356Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 8267Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7063Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6991Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6984Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients