Guthrie: Duncan an imposing challenge...
By Robert Przybylo
One of these days I’ll figure out how to clone myself and go to all these games at the same time. Until then, I’ll just lament about having to miss a game like Guthrie and Duncan.
Guthrie coach Rafe Watkins is raving about Duncan’s Dylan Laurens. The focus is always on the ‘other Dylan’ in Dylan Dismuke, but Laurens is an impressive player as well.
“He’s outstanding,” Watkins said. “He’s got great feet to go with his size. He’s the ‘smaller’ of the bunch at 6-foot-4 and 274 pounds. This is by far the best offensive line we’re going to see.”
Guthrie got a taste of what Duncan has last year in the playoffs and that should make this one even more exciting. I don’t see too much of a feeling out process going on in this one. Both teams know what to expect and both teams have the players to execute their plan.
If you’re going to combat that OL, it’s gotta be Kentrell Brothers and Landry Chappell. No doubt the Jays will need others to step up, but they have to take their cues from their leaders.
I’m interested in how the Bluejays running game fares against Dominique Petties and company. Watkins is extremely high on RB Alfonso Wilcots and also said Luke Davis is going to get about 10 carries per game. Wilcots could be a dark horse for one of the top backs in 5A.
The stage is set for what should be a good one between the Jays and the Demons on Friday night at Jelsma Stadium.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4210Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3961OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3936As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients