Game preview: Centennial at Capitol Hill
Centennial vs. Capitol Hill
When: 7:30 p.m. tonight
Where: CB Speegle Stadium
Why Centennial can win: The backfield looks to be a strength for the Bison. Coach Mark Ryan has some options back there, starting with Nico Durham. Coming off a playoff appearance last season and moving up to Class 3A this season, it’s an interesting season for the Bison.
Why Capitol Hill can win: The Redskins are much farther along in their understanding of Montana Lyons’ plans and expectations in the coach’s second season, and a strong group of seniors led by quarterback Derrick Jefferson. They’re building depth, and that could be a difference maker.
Key matchup: Centennial RBs vs. Capitol Hill LBs. Linebacker is one of the strengths for the ‘Skins, with Junior Zavala and Fred Taylor leading the charge in a unit with a good combination of size and speed. If those guys play well and contain the Bison backs, it should be good news for Capitol Hill. If Centennial can establish the run, it will go a long way toward knocking off its Class 5A opponent.
The pick: Capitol Hill 21, Centennial 20. This shouldn’t suggest that Centennial won’t be a good team. I just think Lyons is making some significant progress at Capitol Hill. The senior class seems to have a strong motivation to avoid another 0-10 season.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients