Heritage Hall vs. Casady Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Heritage Hall at Casady (0-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Thursday (because of TV)
Where: Hoot Gibson Field, Casady (I’ll be there)
Why the Chargers can win: The only question about this team is its size on defense. The speed is going to be incredible. From skilled kids like Sterling Shepard and Barry J. Sanders to the bigger boys like Quintaz Struble and Markus Wakefield, speed is not a problem. Cooper Cloud has really stepped up to become a leader, coach Andy Bogert said.
We definitely feel good going into this one. We managed to go through the scrimmages without any major injuries, and that’s a lot different from last year.” – Bogert
Casady (L, FWAll Saints 26-7)
Why the Cyclones can win: Because after a rough start to the year, the team returns home and can build confidence off of the fact it shut out the Chargers through four quarters and an overtime last season. Cassius Calhoun is going to be a RB to watch.
We made a lot of mistakes. We’re a young team, but they’re all correctable mistakes.” – coach Koby Scoville
Key matchup: Heritage running game vs. Casady defense. Cyclones did a good job of containing Sanders last year and not letting him turn the game with one big play. It’s going to take another big effort like that for a win in this rivalry.
The pick: Heritage Hall 28, Casady 14. A perfect storm for Chargers with their kids maturing and Casady trying to reload with younger kids. Shepard and Cloud should have big nights.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients