Game preview: Hennessey at Northeast
Hennessey at Northeast
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Moses F. Miller Stadium, Douglass High School
Why Hennessey could win: The Eagles will be missing last year’s quarterback, Matt Luetjen, but they still have a lot of talent, with guys like RB Ivan Moreno, who got plenty of action on last year’s Class A semifinalist. Linebacker Raul Orosco returns after leading the team in tackles last year. Even with the move up to 2A, Hennessey is a strong player in the postseason discussion.
Why Northeast could win: Last year’s 1-9 record might sound bad, but Northeast played eight teams ranked in the top 20 of their respective classes, including 5A Tulsa Central. The Vikings should turn things around with the move down to 2A, which lost some good teams who made the move up to 3A. The situation is ripe for coach Tim Thomas and the Vikings to build some momentum and put a few more marks in the win column this season.
Key matchup: The trench battle. Hennessey has good size and talent up front, so Northeast must find a way to contain the Eagle defensive line and not get overpowered by their blockers on offense.
The pick: Hennessey 28, Northeast 20. Ultimately, Hennessey’s size and depth advantages will be too much for the Vikes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients