Southmoore: SaberCats get rare Saturday opportunity...
By Justin Hite
When I got out of my car around 6 p.m. at UCO, I was ticked. It was obvious that a storm was coming and my induction to the 2010 high school football season would be delayed.
Little did I know that 90 minutes later it would be delayed another day. I wasn’t the only one with a smug look of disgust. Everyone else got to play, why not us? Why not here?
But then Southmoore coach Chris Jensen made me realize something special that comes with the SaberCats season opener getting pushed back to Saturday at 11 a.m.
“The way I look at it, our kids have a chance that they don’t always get and that’s to play on Saturday afternoon,” he said after the game was finally (officially) postponed.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for probably 90 percent of these kids. They will get a chance to play on Saturday afternoon on a college campus. It’ll have all the glamour and glitz of playing football in college but at a discounted rate. It will truly be a special day.
“There’s something special and something they’ll remember about playing an afternoon game on Saturday,” Jensen said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16568Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11531OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11459'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11122Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 11072Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 9787Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7713Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6975Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6919Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5729Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients