SMQ: Moore War - Westmoore 21, Moore 14
By Justin Hite
Welcome to the Saturday Morning Quarterback….Today’s edition: The Moore War.
Westmoore 21, Moore 14
This one had everything you could have possibly wanted in a season opener. There were plenty of big hits, big plays, great defense and even a Hail Mary in the final seconds that fell just a few yards short.
It also had everything you didn’t want in a season opener.
Seventeen combined penalties between the teams and 10 fumbles and amazingly none were lost. There were also a handful of key dropped passes and missed blocks. But hey, it’s the season opener, nobody was as sharp as they needed to be. Not even me.
Westmoore breakdown: The switch to a power running game sure works for Westmoore. The best part is they have a dynamic back to head the monster. Cody Feuerborn could be an elite level back in Class 6A by the time the season is done.
He finished with 40 carries, 274 yards and three touchdowns on Friday night. He didn’t display a great top-end speed, but a nice mix of power and lateral quickness let him accounted for 67 percent of Westmoore’s attack.
The Jaguars’ defense was stellar too. They didn’t allow a point until the fourth quarter, but didn’t allow the Lions into the red zone until halfway through the fourth.
Up next: The Moore War continues as Westmoore faces Southmoore in a game that was already being hyped in coach Billy Langford’s post-game speech.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients