Best of the Rest honor: Bryan Dutton, Guthrie...
By Robert Przybylo
When you have a top recruit like Kentrell Brothers of Guthrie, the attention gravitates toward him. And when you score three touchdowns like he did, more attention is given.
But you don’t score three touchdowns without an accurate quarterback, and that’s why the Best of the Rest Player of the Week is Guthrie quarterback Bryan Dutton.
Dutton missed one pass. Check that, had one incompletion. It wasn’t an actual miss as he was throwing it out of bounds. He was 12-of-13 for 203 yards and had two of those scores to Brothers.
A lot of teams made statements in Week 1, but the 25-0 win against the Demons is arguably the biggest one made in the state.
Travelle Pelkey, Lexington: Bulldogs didn’t have much time with new coach Waymon Scott but made it count. He rushed for 233 yards and two touchdowns in a win against Sulphur.
John McCracken, Blanchard: McCracken had four touchdowns in a 32-29 win at Bethany. This was easily one of the best games of the opening week.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8829How to help tornado victims
- 8583Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7041Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients