Moore honor: Noemi Hernandez, Westmoore...
By Justin Hite
With a weekend full of big runners, there was one that stood out the most. Westmoore Noemi Hernandez finished second at the 3.2-kilometer race at Edmond Santa Fe with a 12:24.00 and led the Jaguars to a first-place finish. Westmoore beat Edmond North by 21 points in the first recorded meet of the season.
Behind Hernandez, Westmoore picked up 5 of the top-15 spots against an extremely tough field. The race featured Edmond North, Edmond Santa Fe and Edmond Memorial. Hernandez is the Moore Player of the Week.
Westmoore runs again on Friday in the OK Runner Classic in Norman.
Others in consideration:
Cody Feuerborn, Westmoore, Football: Feuerborn carried the Jaguars to a 21-14 victory in the Moore War and scored all three touchdowns.
Andrew Long, Southmoore, Football: With the SaberCats trailing by 13 through the first quarter, Long turned 28 first-quarter yards in a game total of 324 and three touchdowns. Behind touchdown runs of 75 and 80 yards, Long brought Southmoore back for a 40-19 victory.
Caleb McKee, Westmoore, Cross Country: As Westmoore finished in second place as a team, McKee’s 16:54.00 was good enough for a individual fifth-place finish.
Raegan Sampson, Moore, Softball: The Lions remain one of the top teams in the state and Sampson is a big reason why. She’s hitting .486 with 15 RBIs.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients