OKC Player of the Week: Millwood's Shevin Patton
With loads of talent all over the field, you don’t expect one player to stand above the rest for Millwood, but running back Shevin Patton has done that so far.
The senior had 156 yards and two touchdowns on just eight carries, and barely touched the field in the second half of a 42-0 win over Star Spencer Friday night.
Former Millwood running back Emilio Gatewood, now at Norman North, said Patton was the team’s most dangerous player with the ball in his hands, even last year, when Gatewood was busy rushing for more than 2,000 yards at Millwood as a junior.
Douglass defense and RB Aliston Cobb, football: It was the defense that truly gave Douglass a chance to win on Thursday, holding McGuinness to 150 yards in the 9-7 loss. And Cobb anchored a strong backfield that had 160 yards on 36 carries in all.
Davion Smith, John Marshall football: The freshman quarterback stepped into his first varsity football game and accounted for two TDs, one passing and one rushing (a 30-yarder) as the Bears topped Northwest Classen 27-9.
Clifford Lawrence and Brandon Swindall, Millwood football: Aside from his solid play at receiver, Swindall had a 75-yard interception return for a touchdown. Lawrence had three sacks in the win over Star.
Edgar Velasco, US Grant cross country: Velasco finished seventh, just more than a minute off the winning pace Friday at Edmond Santa Fe.
– To nominate an OKC player of the week in any of the fall sports, e-mail Scott Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8700How to help tornado victims
- 8573Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7011Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients