Softball: No changes in top spots...
By Robert Przybylo
The news in softball rankings is, well, there is no news. Seriously thought there might be some moves at the top of Class 6A and 5A but nope.
Thought Edmond North might take over Jenks and thought Carl Albert was going to supplant Lawton Mac.
Not saying it’s wrong that neither of the moves happened, just thought they would.
However, there is news in the softball world. The game limit rule will be addressed at Wednesday’s OSSAA Board of Directors meeting.
This rule has been around for a long time where players are only allowed 22 games (not including tournaments and postseason play). Normally, that hasn’t been a problem. But a lot of schools have had to make cuts and other things like that.
I don’t know if anything will change, but it should lead for a good discussion. On the agenda, it says it will be discussion and possible action. I’ll keep ya posted Wednesday morning.
Class 6A: 1. Jenks; 2. Edmond North; 3. Yukon; 4. Broken Arrow; 5. Moore; 6. Sand Springs; 7. Mustang; 8. Union; 9. Owasso; 10. Bartlesville.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes
- 51Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 35High schools: Practices called off long before tornado hit Moore
- 32Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients