Southmoore: Cross country looking for history...
By Justin Hite
Southmoore eyeing school first
After a solid finish in Edmond on Friday, the SaberCats have coach Adam Helms focused on a big achievement.
Southmoore cross country hasn’t even started its speed work — used to drop times significantly — and Helms already feels that the SaberCats are primed to make regionals.
“I think that’s a pretty good accomplishment personally,” Helms said.
It all comes from the last week of work. Last week, Helms and Southmoore got to see a significant chunk of the teams that will run at regionals and got a guideline to follow. This week, the SaberCats will run at the OK Runner Classic in Norman. Norman is also the site of the regional race.
“That’s the reason why we scheduled it, because of the ability to run on it before regionals so the kids have an idea of what they are up against,” Helms said.
Southmoore hasn’t made the regional race in its three years of existence.
Helms started the season slowly because of the heat, but sounds rather confident in his team when he says things like…
“It seems like the runners are starting to get it figured out,” he said. “While we’re not in great shape and haven’t work on any of our speed work to get our times down, I’m very happy with where everybody is right now.”
There seems to be a lot of room to grow in Southmoore.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients