Excitement high for Soul Bowl
I’ll be taking in my first Soul Bowl Saturday afternoon at 1 at Douglass’ Moses F. Miller Stadium, and I couldn’t be more excited.
But the headline of this blog doesn’t refer to me. It’s about the actual players in the game.
There’s a real buzz in northeast OKC as this game approaches. Millwood is buzzing to get back on the field and build on last week’s 42-0 win over Star Spencer. Douglass is buzzing to get back on the field and erase memories of last week’s 9-7 loss to McGuinness.
The Douglass defense, which allowed only 150 total yards in the loss, will be put to the test against an equally strong Millwood offense.
Millwood had 351 yards of offense — on just 48 snaps — in the win over defending 4A state champion Star Spencer on Friday. Most of Millwood’s yardage came before the middle of the third quarter, when many of the starters went to the bench.
The Trojans defense held McGuinness to just six first downs; Millwood churned out 16 in its game vs. Star.
I’ll have more on this game as it approaches.
One last note… I got the chance to visit with Millwood’s Marc Robinson last Thursday and he seems to be handling the OSSAA denial of his hardship waiver in a mature way. He plans on using his junior year at Millwood to make sure his grades and test scores are in line with NCAA requirements, while learning all the details of Millwood’s offensive and defensive schemes so that he’s ready to be a leader in the offseason.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7269Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6212Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6004UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients