Moore: Building a foundation...
By Justin Hite
Moore: Momentum makes Lions better
Senior linebacker David Cowan made it very clear. The Lions’ second half last Friday gives them great momentum and makes them better. “Easily 10 times better than we were last year.”
Lions’ practice on Tuesday verified that statement. There was an extra jump in everybody’s step and there was a triumphant aura floating around.
“I think we’ve got what it takes to make a good team, we just have to get some little things down and fix some things,” Cowan said.
A team that is low on senior numbers sometimes needs that. A team that is low on confidence after a winless season sometimes needs that. Moore seems to have it as they prepare to travel to Norman on Friday.
“They’re all young and they are running around and started making catches and making plays in the second half,” Moore coach Scott Myers said. “That’s one positive that we’ve got to build on. We feel like the second half; we were a different football team. Our sense of urgency was different and that comes from confidence. We’ve got to take that confidence and get better.”
Moore: Facing a familiar physicality
Friday night brought Moore coach Scott Myers back half a decade. Then he was an assistant coach at Moore and Westmoore went by the “run it down you throat” mentality.
After facing that mentality again to open the season, Myers and the Lions will benefit from the change in Week 2 against Norman.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6021Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5304Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5155Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients