OCS: Saints with confidence booster...
By Robert Przybylo
Oklahoma Christian senior quarterback Jack Warren said he doesn’t believe in moral victories.
But if ever there was a team that was feeling good following a defeat, it’s the Saints. OCS was a two-point conversion away from tying the game at 19 against 3A’s Metro Christian. The Saints lost 19-17.
“It was really encouraging,” Warren said. “To be able to compete the way we did against a team like that gave us a lot of confidence.”
Warren said OCS was able to do a lot of good things in the passing game, but it will need to be able to run the ball more consistently.
Stopping the run is going to be challenge, too. After missing the 2-point conversion, there were five minutes left in the game. However, OCS never saw the ball again. Casady running back Cassius Calhoun is going to provide a strong test for the Saints defense.
The Saints (0-1) are at Casady (0-2) on Friday night.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17897Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15383Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11506Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11200'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10732Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9276OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8256Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6910Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6624Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6479Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients